Urgent need for a virtual high school English teacher for seniors at Promesa Mennonite School in Cusco, Peru
We are looking for a certified teacher who is also a Spanish speaker. This teacher will perform responsibilities completely virtually. Those interested will fill out an EMM short-term application, and we will seek to process any applications quickly due to the school year starting on March 1. The person can be a "volunteer" in the sense that they can give their time. If someone would like this to be a paid position, those interested could serve as non-resident workers and raise funds through a Missionary Support Team.
Teaching certification and Spanish proficiency
Well-being care: Mike or Nancy Hostetter, regional representatives for South America, will supervise by meeting monthly via Zoom.
Work responsibilities as a teacher: Damaris Lucano, principal (how often is to be determined, but a monthly zoom is suggested at first).
- Prepare lessons for each week for the senior class. (Minimum of 2 hours/per week, but perhaps as many as 4 hours per week.) The recommendation is Tuesday and Thursday, 11 a.m.–12:00 p.m., via Zoom. If another time later in the afternoon would work better for someone to teach, they could try to be flexible with the exact days/times.
- Share written lesson plans with the English coordinator either weekly or monthly, depending on preference.
- Maintain assessment data/grades on a spreadsheet that can be shared with the English coordinator to put on students' report cards (three times per year).
- Communicate with parents, either live via Zoom, or through a recorded video, twice during the year (at the beginning, to share expectations, and then perhaps halfway through the year).
- Help to coordinate an "English Day" event in November, where students share their learning with the school and parents.
- Attend the "Clausura" (virtually) at the end of the school year (December 2021).