Assignment dates: June 13 to August 8, 2022
EMM’s vision is to see everyone moving in mission, following God’s leading to share Him within their own unique contexts. EMM will continue to work for spiritual renewal in North America and partner with existing churches and networks as they engage in missions. We hope to foster deep and transformative movements of discipleship across this continent.
Preparation and training
- Prior to the start of the assignment, K-Staff members have the opportunity to engage in Launch modules, nine self-study topics also used for short- and long-term mission training
- K-Staff will have two weeks of preparation before the first K-Team arrives. This preparation will focus on three main areas:
- Leadership skills and team building
- Logistical preparation and orientation for the K-Teams in Lancaster city
- Launch intensive: basic discipleship and mission training, with other short- and long-term mission workers
- Following training, K-Staff will host K-Teams in Lancaster from June 27-August 5, 2022.
- K-Staff members need to be fully available Sunday evening through Friday afternoon each week. Friday evening to Sunday afternoon are generally free, with a few exceptions.
- Prepare for and lead daily discipleship times and other weekly activities, with coaching from K-Team director.
- Actively engage and lead youth in outreach activities which serve local immigrant and refugee children and youth.
- Mentor participants and youth leaders as opportunities present themselves.
- K-Staff will seek support and affirmation from family, friends, and church family. They are asked to find at least five prayer partners who will commit to praying for them and their ministry this summer.
- Room and board are provided for the duration of the assignment.
- K-Staff will also receive a stipend of $150 per week, before taxes.
The city of Lancaster is a small multicultural center in the middle of a county whose economy is driven by Amish tourism and agriculture. The climate has four distinct seasons, with hot, humid summers and cold, often snowy winters. Over the past decade, Lancaster has become a destination for refugees from many nations; this has significantly altered the demographics of the area.
Supervisors and colleagues
K-Staff will live and work with the other K-Staff members as a team in a community setting. The team is supervised by the K-Team director. Together, they will work with various youth groups and their leaders, as well as leaders from other K-Team partners.
Skills and experience
Must be a high school graduate to apply. Applicants should be able to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. A desire to serve Jesus and others is an important quality. Flexible people with good communication skills are likely to be a good fit.