Business Entrepreneur | Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Interested in learning more?
Vision for Ministry
Our purpose is to be God’s hands and feet to the world around us. We commit to being disciples who make disciples, inspiring lasting change in people’s lives as they encounter Christ. We understand that one way to disciple Cambodian young people is through a business approach. We aim to do this by modeling transformed lives through business. Our business aim is to create job opportunities with fair wages for Cambodian young people. We strive to nurture a working environment where young people feel safe, seen, and encouraged to become who God is calling them to be.
- Be a learner of the Khmer language & culture.
- Develop a business plan & oversee the startup of a small business
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a business.
All long-term and short-term workers engage in Launch, EMM’s discipleship training course, before and during their assignments. Phase one of Launch includes personal discipleship activities through online modules. For phase two of Launch, participants spend two weeks at the end of June learning alongside their Launch cohort (a group of others preparing for service) before heading to their outreach locations. In phase three of Launch, workers continue to connect online with their Launch cohort for up to a year as they navigate ministry in their country of service.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Skills and experience
- Experience operating a business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Commitment to working with EMM team and locals in Cambodia
- High school diploma required
- Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or Marketing is preferred, but not required
- Highly motivated individual(s); entrepreneur
- Experience in youth and/or cross-cultural ministry
- Ability to manage change, and to thrive in a cross-cultural and developing environment
- Willingness to work towards acquiring the language and to develop connections with the local culture
- Commitment to disciple-making