Young Adult Outreach and Discipleship | Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Interested in learning more?
Minister to Cambodian young adults through a ministry of hospitality.
Vision for Ministry
Our purpose is to be God’s hands and feet to the world around us. We commit to being disciples who make disciples, inspiring lasting change in people’s lives as they encounter Christ. We understand that one way to disciple Cambodian young adults is through a ministry of hospitality. Our goal is for university students and other young adults to experience the transforming love of Christ. We strive to nurture an environment where young adults feel safe, seen, and encouraged to become who God is calling them to be.
- Immerse in the Khmer language & culture through language and culture study. Be a learner who is willing to be a “cultural baby”, to receive instruction, and to adapt accordingly.
- Work well with other Cambodian E workers and local workers to create a synergy of efforts.
- Open your home and life to Cambodian young adults.
- Teach and lead Bible Studies as needed with a view toward multiplication.
- Serve as a positive mentor and role model for young adults at all times. Model respectful, responsible, and honorable behavior.
- Serve as needed and requested.
All long-term and short-term missionaries engage in Launch, EMM’s discipleship training course, before and during their assignments. Phase one of Launch includes personal discipleship activities through online modules. For phase two of Launch, participants spend two weeks at the end of June learning alongside their Launch cohort (a group of others preparing for service) before heading to their outreach locations. In phase three of Launch, workers continue to connect online with their Launch cohort for up to a year as they navigate ministry in their country of service.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in discipling or mentoring young adults and/or youth required.
- High School diploma required.
- Experience with cross-cultural ministry preferred
- Has an understanding and a willingness to learn more regarding the challenges and needs of teenagers and adolescents.